MyHNE User Agreement
Health New England, Inc. and
Read this agreement carefully.
Use of the Health New England, Inc. (“HNE”) MyHNE web site (the “Site”) is subject to the terms and conditions set forth below. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not access the Site or use the services provided through the Site.
This Agreement is between you as a licensed Massachusetts insurance broker (the “User”) and HNE. HNE may terminate this Agreement and your right to access the Site at any time, without cause and without prior notice.
- The User shall:
- Be solely responsible for all activity on, and transactions through, the Site that is attributable to the User’s password. (To ensure your privacy, never share your username and password with anyone.)
- Use the information from the Site only in his or her capacity as a licensed insurance broker to obtain rate quotes and assist in the management of employer group enrollments, as authorized by individual employers. The User may not reproduce or distribute the text or graphics to others, or substantially copy the information to his or her server, or link to the Site, without HNE’s prior written permission.
- Keep information that he or she obtains from the Site, including, but not limited to, information about HNE’s business practices, providers, and rates of payment to providers, confidential.
- Not use the Site for any fraudulent purpose or in a manner that would violate any state or federal law.
- Not attempt to gain access to any individual’s or employer’s information who has not authorized such access in advance.
- Not hold HNE liable for any risk or damage, whether actual or threatened, due to the User’s use of the Site.
- Notify HNE when the User’s email address changes.
- Notify HNE immediately if the User’s relationship as a broker authorized to assist in the management of an employer’s enrollment to that employer is terminated, or if the User’s job duties change such that the User will no longer require access to the Site.
- The User acknowledges that some of the information on the Site is Protected Health Information subject to both state and federal confidentiality laws. The User agrees to abide by the requirements of these state and federal laws when accessing, using or disclosing information obtained from the Site. The User shall access the Site only in his or her capacity as a licensed broker solely for the purposes of obtaining rate quotes and assisting in managing enrollment in the employer’s health plan with HNE.
- The User acknowledges that the information obtained from the Site is and will continue to be the sole and exclusive property of HNE. The User further acknowledges that the Site, and the URL associated therewith, are and will continue to be the sole and exclusive property of HNE.
- General Provisions.
- Any third party content or information available on or through the Site is provided “as is” and its use is at User’s sole risk.
- This Agreement may not be assigned or otherwise transferred by the User.
- This Agreement contains the entire Agreement between the parties with regard to the use of the Site. This Agreement supersedes all prior understandings between the parties, whether written or oral, with respect to the use of the Site.
- If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement will not be affected.
- The User shall indemnify and hold HNE harmless for all risk of, or damage resulting from, the User’s use of the Site. HNE Does not make any warranties whatsoever, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, with regard to this service, or any information provided on the Site, and will not be liable for any cost or damage arising either directly or indirectly from the User’s use of the site. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, tort, contract, or otherwise, will HNE be liable to the User or any other person for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or losses of any nature whatsoever with regard to the User’s use of the site.
- All data received by HNE via the Site is treated as confidential, and HNE will not disclose any identifiable data to third parties except as otherwise required to do so by law.
- HNE does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or usefulness of any information provided on the Site, including, but not limited to, rate quotes. Nor does HNE warrant that the Site will be free of all errors or that the use of the Site will be uninterrupted.
- This Agreement and related policies may be updated at any time without prior written notice. The User shall be responsible for reviewing this Agreement from time-to-time for updates.
- This Agreement is to be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- HNE may immediately terminate this Agreement and the User’s rights to access the Site at any time, without cause, without notice, and without penalty.